Tuesday 13 January 2009

Lazy Day...

My husband started his new Danish for Beginners course last night and I was also at college, submitting to my first practical exam for my Facial Therapy course... he enjoyed the first night, meeting new people and finding out why they are interested in studying Danish... he's interested because we have friends over there, have visited quite a few times and have done a bit of sailing in Danish waters. We love it, love the people, the beautiful countryside and coastal areas, the wonderful seafood, the fishing, clear waters...
I managed to get through the exam and was pleased with the result.
But perhaps with the excitement and a late meal at about 10 pm when we returned home, neither of us slept well. So today has been a rather haphazard sort of day.
But the wood fire is lit now and when I was outside just a moment ago, getting the hens back into their run, I could smell the wood smoke and see it curling up from the chimney - time for tea and a slice of home made fruit cake! I'm looking forward to a night in front of the fire, curled up on the sofa and reading a good book.

lazyday

No comments:

Post a Comment